PHP file types in C# MVC project

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

PHP file types in C# MVC project

Postby MattFromGA » June 22nd, 2013, 1:22 am

When I create a new PHP project and use the add new item option, I see the PHP group and the php file type. When I am in my C# MVC project, I no longer see that.

I would like to be able to see the PHP file group while using add new in the C# MVC project type. The MVC project is being deployed on a server that will also run the PHP in that directory too. Works fine, its just that for now I have to actually create a txt file type and name it with a php extension.
MattFromGA

Re: PHP file types in C# MVC project

Postby Miloslav Beno » June 23rd, 2013, 4:35 pm

Hi Matt,

we can't implicitly add PHP project items to C# project types. As we can't provide debugging there and most users would not appreciate we'd be mixing those two.

But you can try to create manualy new project item template for MVC project so you wouldn't have to do the renaming txt file thing. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... h(v=vs.110).aspx

Thanks
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools