VS.PHP to PHP Tools migration?

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

VS.PHP to PHP Tools migration?

Postby WeedHopper » May 14th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Hello PHP Tools;

I have been using VS.PHP for the last 4 years and decided I would like to try PHP Tools. I have a question about migrating my VS.PHP VS2010 projects to PHP Tools VS2012.

Currently all my VS.PHP projects are in VS2010 that runs XP Pro. I have a new computer with system 7 and VS2012 with PHP Tools. I made a brand new PHP Tools project with echo "hello world" to make certain everything worked and it does.

Next I copied a VS.PHP VS2010 project folder to the new computer and opened it in VS2012; however it puts "needs migration" on the project name/files?

What is the correct way to migrate my VS.PHP VS2010 projects to PHP Tools VS2012?

Thanks for you suggestions in advance
Neal
WeedHopper

Re: VS.PHP to PHP Tools migration?

Postby Jakub Misek » May 14th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Hi Neal,

The migration wizard you've seen is the correct way you are looking for.

It creates new .phpproj containing files from original project file. Also it creates backup of the previous project file, so you can revert the migration any time.

For more information see http://www.devsense.com/doc/phptools/pr ... -migration

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to PHP Tools