Debugging a SOAP Service

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Debugging a SOAP Service

Postby jcuello » April 26th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Is there a special way for me to debug a SOAP service using PHP Tools? My remote debugging works great with code that doesn't have to do anything with SOAP service methods. When I try to debug a SOAP method constructed with the default SoapServer class, my breakpoint does not get hit inside the method. I can verify the SOAP service is working correctly because the method is writing log messages to the database. I'm testing the service by calling it from a separate ASP.NET web application (using the older Web Reference protocol), this shouldn't matter but I thought I mentioned it anyways.
jcuello

Re: Debugging a SOAP Service

Postby Miloslav Beno » April 30th, 2013, 3:33 pm

I think what might be happening is that XDebug just doesn't know it should be debugging as it doesn't have XDEBUG_SESSION_START cookie or request parameter.

Ensure that the query string ?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1 is appended to all requests. You can do it e.g. by editing the WSDL file so that the address looks like

Code: Select all
<soap:address location="http://dev.example.com/soap_server.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1"/>

Then try to start debugging session as usually and request the service.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools