Publish only changed files

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Publish only changed files

Postby arcemero » April 14th, 2013, 1:52 am

Hello. the product is great. Buy a license and I am happy that I have only one drawback.

When I publish a site, upload all the files to the server, imagine if I have a site with more than 10 files.

How could you do for uploading only files that have changed or easier. Upload files automatically when they are modified and saved.
arcemero

Re: Publish only changed files

Postby Miloslav Beno » April 14th, 2013, 10:11 am

Hello.

Thanks for the question. Actually publish mechanism only uploads:
1. changed files
2. files missing on the remote server. http://www.devsense.com/doc/phptools/projects/publish

You can also turn on "Skip missing files check" which won't do step 2 so publishing is going to be a lot faster.

About uploading when files are saved ( not just when you run the site ), this is on todo list and will be available in some future update.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby Alexey Zimarev » May 26th, 2013, 3:24 pm

I just started to so dome changed in my SugarCRM CE instance and I see that it at least goes through all folders, not sure about files. I published once, ok, all files, I had to wait. Now I've only changed config.php and when I run it, I see all folders are passing by in the output. How does it detect changed files? Does it track changes on the VS side or just does a compare? For SugarCRM it's a few thousand files in hundreds of folders, not really helpful though. I gave up, will copy changed files manually...
Alexey Zimarev

Postby Miloslav Beno » May 26th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your post. What you can do is to turn on "Skip remote files check" option in the publish settings. That will significantly increase speed of publish as it won't be checking the remote file system whether there aren't missing any project files. It will only track changes on the VS side.

Cheers,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools