Problem with Phalanger 3.0 and Apache

Extending PHP application with ASP.NET. Configuring ASP.NET to run Phalanger powered PHP code properly and efficiently.

Problem with Phalanger 3.0 and Apache

Postby qq007 » August 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

I'm new to this forum and also new to phalanger.
I want to use it to compile PHP 5.3-code (hence enhancing its performance) in Apache for windows.
For this I installed Phalanger 3.0 and am able to compile a php-'hello world' script with phpc and run the exe that is produced.
To make Apache run .NET-applications, i followed the guidelines in
http://wiki.php-compiler.net/Web_Server ... e_(Windows)
But no result.
After some deeper digging, it showed that the mod_aspdotnet -module I downloaded from this website is only working for .NET2.0, while Phalanger 3.0 has configured itsself for compatibility with .NET4.0 (the files in the .NET4.0 directory were updated during the Phalanger installation).
So I need a module for apache that will work with .NET4.0, but there seems to be no one.
For Linux, there seems to be a solution called MONO, but I want to keep on working under Windows and keep on using Apache, since this webserver is configured for many more purposes.
Please, can somebody help me out?
Thanks in advance.
qq007

Re: Problem with Phalanger 3.0 and Apache

Postby Jakub Misek » August 26th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Hello,

First I would like to note, Phalanger is targeted for IIS or apache+mod_mono. "mod_aspnet" might not work at its best.

Generally recommended solution is to use mod_mono on Linux servers, and IIS on windows servers.

In case you have to use Windows+apache, I've found some configuration that forces it for .net 4.0 (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5702 ... sp-net-4-0). It may need some modifications for Windows, but it should work.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to PHP/ASP.NET Web Applications