Visual Studio integration limitations, source available?

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

Visual Studio integration limitations, source available?

Postby adamhearn@codeplex » August 13th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Just found about this project and it looks very impressive.

I thought I could start with importing my current WordPress site as a new project but quickly found it wasn't as efficient as it could have been! In VS (2010 SP1) the following seems to be the case:

• 'Show All Files' doesn't show all files/folders as it would do for any standard project type. The toggle shows the expected visual state but it had no effect on the tree content.
  • Add Existing does not allow you to choose a folder, only files.

What the above means is takes a long time moving folders out of the way, creating them in VS, moving the files back before adding the existing files using Add Existing..

Is the source code for the VS integration in TFS? I had a look and couldn't see it.

adamhearn@codeplex

RE: Visual Studio integration limitations, source available?

Postby Jakub Misek » August 13th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Hi,

thanks for trying Phalanger! The easiest way is to (1) File -> Open -> Web Site, if you have a wordpress website on your IIS already. Or if you have new web site project and you wish to add some files/folders into,(2) you can just copy files to the folder in Windows Explorer and refresh the solution. Also(3) you can drag&drop whole folder from windows explorer to the solution explorer in VS. I would prefer option 1 and 2, 3 is little slower.

In general the web site project in Visual Studio simply shows all the files/folders on file system. You don't have to use solution explorer at all.

"Show all files" is not implemented yet, http://phalanger.codeplex.com/workitem/12015.

Regards,
Jakub Misek 

Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby adamhearn@codeplex » August 14th, 2011, 1:09 am

Thanks for the tips! I was so used to using my normal work flow I didn't even think of dragging the files in from Explorer!

adamhearn@codeplex

Postby Jakub Misek » August 14th, 2011, 3:38 pm

I think, when using Web projects in Visual Studio, this is normal work flow :-) This is not affected by the Phalanger integration.

To your second question, the VS2010 integration is not an open source (http://www.devsense.com/services/phalanger-tools), therefore source code is not available. However it is mostly based on http://mpfproj10.codeplex.com/ project, extended with Phalanger's source code analysis, compilation tasks and project templates.

Jakub Misek

Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger Tools