Critical!! Cannot evaluate variables when debugging

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

Critical!! Cannot evaluate variables when debugging

Postby highcore » December 30th, 2014, 4:59 am

Hi.

I have yet another issue with Phalanger. Maybe I performed the installation wrong or something?

I can't evaluate simple variables when debugging using shift+F9 on visual Studio:

This happens with the default Web Application project.

Just File -> New Project -> Phalanger -> Empty Web Application (standard), then replace the default echo "Hello World!"; code for the above, then I try to debug placing a breakpoint in the echo $name line, and Shift+F9 over the $name variable.

The output to the browser is correct. I get the "Hello World" text in the browser, but I can't debug properly.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Update 4, Phalanger 4.0, Windows 8.

Also, I can debug regular (non Phalanger) PHP code with PHP Tools for Visual Studio (which uses XDebug) just fine. I can place breakpoints and watch variable values

Is this a bug? am I doing something wrong?

Also, What's the official latest version? I'm using 4.0 at the moment, but in the CodePlex site apparently the latest is 3.0? Can you help me with this?

Thanks =)
highcore

Re: Critical!! Cannot evaluate variables when debugging

Postby Jakub Misek » December 30th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Latest is 4.0 at https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.micros ... cf66037797 or http://www.devsense.com/products/phalan ... ad/preview

Watching variables by its PHP name is not supported I guess. You can use Locals Window, which shows you the real .NET locals as it is compiled by Phalanger.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger Tools