Newbee questions

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

Newbee questions

Postby tstanke » December 2nd, 2014, 8:26 pm

Is/Are Phalanger Tools a superset of PHP Tools for VS? I'm currently a user of PHP Tools and wondering if the Phalanger Tools replaces the need for PHP Tools (in addition to it's core capabilities of compiling PHP code).

Another question. What is the long-term outlook for compiled PHP (for .NET framework)? I'd hate to start down a path now if the commitment to the platform by the developers isn't 100%.

Thanks.

-Tom
tstanke

Re: Newbee questions

Postby Jakub Misek » December 2nd, 2014, 9:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks for using PHP Tools. Phalanger Tools contain complete PHP Tools (and replace them), but you would need new license key for them.

Phalanger is opensource with active development. There are future plans, mostly for improving the performance. I would recommend to use Phalanger if you are OK with its current features or you are developer who would like to contribute to the project.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger Tools