References not working?

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

References not working?

Postby johnc » September 15th, 2014, 9:50 pm

I'm using the phalanger tools preview release, the most recent version.

I've added a C# library project to my solution and referenced it from the phalanger web project. I then added the assembly name to the web.config and set the library path to "bin".

Compiling the phalanger web project fails because it's unable to find the referenced assembly.

Compiler output:

Error 24 Configuration error: Library assembly 'CryptoHelper' could not be loaded. Could not load file or assembly 'CryptoHelper' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Could not load file or assembly 'CryptoHelper' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Phalanger\4.0\Phalanger.targets 32 8 PhalangerSln
johnc

Re: References not working?

Postby Jakub Misek » September 16th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Hi,

This may happen since the DLL is not in /Bin directory yet (I guess).

The project reference should be sufficient, so you won't need to modify your web.config. Moreover any DLL copied into /Bin folder should be automatically referenced.

Please try to run/build project without referencing the DLL in your web.config and give me know how it works for you.

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: References not working?

Postby johnc » September 16th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Alright, I gave that a try.

I was originally following config examples I found (ie. wp.net). Compiles fine with a reference.

However, attempting to call a method in the referenced C# assembly is crashing visual studio.

EDIT: I'm assuming my code is wrong somehow and Phalanger Tools are crashing for the same reason as my other thread.
johnc

Return to Phalanger Tools