Trouble with VS Designer

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

Trouble with VS Designer

Postby onethreenine » August 3rd, 2014, 3:12 pm

Hey there guys,

First of all, let me just say that I love Phalanger and am starting to have a little bit more success with it now that I build a script to mogrify my composer dependencies into pure mode code.

I seem to be having an issue however, as I'd like to start mocking up a UI for this small desktop widget I'm building. I previously would have used Blend in VS2012 which just generates some XAML that I thought Phalanger could maybe reference with a bit of tweaking, but even more basic, when I create a new "Windows Form" project and try to open the default Form1.php in Designer I get the message "The file '…\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Form1.php' does not support code parsing or generation because it is not contained within a project that supports code."

Am I missing something? Thanks for your help!
onethreenine

Re: Trouble with VS Designer

Postby Jakub Misek » August 6th, 2014, 10:32 am

Hi,

Thanks for using Phalanger. The WinForm designer is being deprecated. We will check the issue and try to fix it for an upcoming update.

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby onethreenine » August 11th, 2014, 6:21 am

Thanks mate. Cheers from Australia.
onethreenine

Postby spencer hollon » October 10th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Since upgrading to Phalanger 4 I have the same issue (see attached pic). What do you mean by the WinForm designer is being deprecated? I know WPF is the latest and greatest but I don't need that level of complexity. Will you be removing the winforms template from phalanger if designer is not supported?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spencer hollon

Return to Phalanger Tools