error on startup...

Phalanger Tools for Visual Studio [?] is complete PHP/Phalanger integration into Visual Studio development environment.

error on startup...

Postby BalaSivagnanam » December 12th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Hi I am getting this error as shown in the attachment after installing phlanger 3.0, phlanger tools and php tools for VS 2012.. I am running VS 2012..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BalaSivagnanam

Re: error on startup...

Postby BalaSivagnanam » December 12th, 2013, 3:31 pm

error screen which comes after that..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BalaSivagnanam

Postby Jakub Misek » December 12th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid Phalanger Tools may not be compatible with latest PHP Tools; Visual Studio should even not allow this combination to be installed.

Anyway, uninstalling PHP Tools, and installing Phalanger Tools only should fix your problem.

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby BalaSivagnanam » December 13th, 2013, 4:08 am

ok will it be possible to continue development and deployment without these from VS2012 using phalanger...
My need is to integrate a php framework into a .net project MVC4...
i have installed phlanger 3.0 and trying to deploy it in IIS but i am not able to open the page...

but i was able to do it with fast cgi.. is that sufficient for my integration???

i have posted the same in VS2012 forum aswell..
BalaSivagnanam

Postby Jakub Misek » December 13th, 2013, 7:40 am

Hi,

Phalanger is not a cgi application. It is standard ASP.NET request handler, so the configuration is the same as for .NET web + managed request handler for *.php

Code: Select all
<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add name="PhalangerHandler" path="*.php" verb="*" type="PHP.Core.RequestHandler, PhpNetCore, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0a8e8c4c76728c71" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
</system.webServer>
Jakub Misek

Postby BalaSivagnanam » December 13th, 2013, 9:38 am

ok.. I understand its compiler for php..
I am in need of using an application called EFront which is an LMS to be deployed in IIS and we will be calling the php features from a central .NET MVC4 application...
EFront is php application open source... i downloaded that code base and i am trying to host it in IIS... I am getting some errors like

An error occured:
Directory must be writable by the server in order to continue

not sure if Phlanger is working or not and is getting used.. i still have cgi enabled...

is there any tutorial which shows step by step hosting/deployment of PHP application to IIS...
BalaSivagnanam

Postby Jakub Misek » December 15th, 2013, 1:24 pm

It is all about the configuration I've posted above. You have to have ASP.NET installed and .NET 4.
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger Tools